April 8, 2010
Social Mania is a card game based in part on the work Christian Crumlish and Erin Malone put into their book Designing Social Interfaces. The game is great way to help “non-web” people understand the social web. It’s fun, it stimulates good discussion and can help plant seeds for understanding a social experience strategy down the line.
Materials & Requirements
- Social Mania game cards, enough sets for the number of attendees divided by 8 (e.g. 24 attendees would require 3 decks)
- A table for each deck large enough to seat 8 to 12 people
- A room large enough to house that many tables and people with sufficient distance to minimize the distraction of discussion for each group
Instructions are available online, and come with the game as well.
- Purchase Social Mania from The Game Crafter
- Game instructions and rules
- Designing Social Interfaces book site